On behalf of our client, an International Upstream Oil & Gas organisation, Leader Engineering is currently searching for an experienced CFO with significant experience in the Energy Sector.
Purpose of the Company
Company expects every employee to contribute to the continuous improvement of HSE Policy and demonstrate safety leadership throughout the organisation
To become a leading international integrated drilling management organisation by delivering innovative drilling and well solutions in a safe, reliant and evolving manner.
Purpose of the Chief Financial Officer Role
Reporting to the Company’s General Director, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for:
· The administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
· Managing all aspects of financial risk and compliance and enhancing the Company’s effectiveness through on-going refinement of its business processes.
· Develop key partnerships aimed at performance, maintaining operational standards and fiscal gains.
· Engaging, educating and evolving the organisation to meet international accounting, trading and acquisition standards
Key Accountabilities for this Position
You are accountable for delivering on the key accountabilities for this role which will be discussed and agreed with you as part of the Company’s performance management process. These include:
· Act as the key stakeholder in the development, application and evolution of the Financial Office strategy.
· Assist the General Director in monitoring and directing the implementation of companywide business strategy.
· Develop financial and tax strategies.
· Managing the capital request process.
· Assist the General Director in managing the budgeting process.
· Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
· Select, implement and evolve appropriate IT platforms required to deliver on the key financial strategy.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior management team.
· Manage the accounting department.
· Manage any third parties to whom functions have been outsourced (e.g. PWC, tax counsel, foreign exchange experts).
· Advanced understanding of Foreign Exchange and the ability to find the optimum deal.
· Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
· Implement operational best practices
· Work with the General Director and Human Resources Manager to oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
· Work with the General Director to complete acquisition due diligence and participate, as required in negotiating acquisitions.
· In conjunction with the Human Resources and Training & Development departments, develop selection, training and ongoing appraisal methods for all personnel within the accounting department.
· Develop a “Pathway to Excellence” personnel development programme for the accounting department focussing on upskilling and retention goals whilst reducing senior and expatriate hiring.
· Oversee the preparation and dissemination of financial information.
· Responsible for preparing quarterly and annual filings of financial statements, management discussion and analysis filings with securities commissions as required.
· Report financial results to the audit committee and to the board of directors.
· Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
· Work closely with the Legal Counsel to monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
· Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
· Work with the Legal Counsel to ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
· Report risk issues.
· Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
· Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
· Work with management team regarding debt and equity financing.
· Invest funds.
· Manage foreign exchange risks.
Management of Accounting Team
· Provide day to day management and support to the Accounting team.
· In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, ensure any performance issues are managed professionally and in accordance with good business practice.
· Ensure all Accounting staff are provided with the necessary training and development to keep their knowledge current and relevant, and to retain their motivation and enthusiasm for their roles.
· Oversight of the negotiation of key commercial contracts.
· Increasing organisational effectiveness through sound financial analysis and process improvement.
· Masters or MBA in Finance or Accounting.
· Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required.
· 15 plus years post qualification experience in Finance.
· 3 years experience must have been served in a CFO/Finance Directorship position within a relevant sized organisation, preferably multinational.
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
· Consultative approach to problem solving and decisive when necessary
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic and changing work environment
· Ability to think laterally
· Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
· Ability to organise work activities to identify and take advantage of efficiency and improvement opportunities
· Ability to communicate plans and ideas at all interaction levels required
· Demonstrated ability in developing improved financial performance
Development, Coordination, Implementation & Monitoring
· Ability to develop, coordinate and implement systems, plans and procedures
· Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook and Word, and Excel at an advanced level