1. Supporting the Business Planning Process with Line Manager and “DP”
2. Supporting the development and implementation of the Trade Marketing Calendar and Commercial Annex with Line Manager and “DP”
3. Tracking and Reporting of Key Performance Indicators relating to the Trade Marketing Calendar and the Commercial Annex.
4. Building strong relationships throughout all departments within the DP. Supporting them in better driving, managing and evaluating Company trade initiatives.
5. Ensuring DP implementation of the Perfect Store standards per channel.
6. Coaching and working with DP Sales Force in-classroom and in-field to produce executional excellence.
7. Supplying data for Company internal reporting processes
1. Support the “DP” to prepare Trade Marketing Plan and Commercial Annex in close coordination with Line Manager
2. Support the “DP” in achieving the mutually agreed on Commercial Annex and Trade Marketing Targets
a. Educate DP team on Brand History and drive Product Trust and Understanding
b. Train DP team on Perfect Store definition by channel and outlet type then follow through to ensure they implement mutually agreed on targets and KPIs
c. Identify gaps in execution and distribution and prepare action pla
d. Enhance skills of DP by conducting on the job training and class room training such as Power Selling, Power Coaching, High Pressure Negotiation and Conceptual Selling
e. Track actual performance against mutually agreed on KPIs, share with Line Manager and DP Sales Manager. Collaboratively build action plans to address issues and unlock sales opportunities
f. Undertake systematic, frequent and continuous market visits to the points of sales across the "markets" based on a monthly DPM Routines Calendar. Spend 70% of time in the field -working with the DP -with the purpose of enhancing in market execution by completing activities such a Perfect Store Audits, field coaching, and accompaniment reports and feedback. The remaining 30% to spent on business planning, meeting preparation, attendance of meetings and timely reporting utilizing the DPM standard reporting deck and DP presentation templates
g. Support the DP to develop, coordinate, manage, implement and assess Trade Marketing Calendar and communicate the outcome and learning’s to Line Manager.
3. Supervise and conduct spot checks then provide constructive feedback on DP concluded trade agreements implementation & execution across the markets
4. Prepare and lead on the monthly business review meeting of assigned markets with the DP sales management and team using the DP Scorecard reporting deck
5. Plan, along with DP Sales Management, and order off premise POS material to cater for market requirements. Subsequently, ensure that the POS items are well stored, accurately maintained and reported, properly handled (in warehouse and in market) by reviewing the local operational processes
1. Review ROI for Company in market placed coolers twice a year
2. Ensure DP delivers on timely, distribution, PSA contracts and depletions reports as per brand standards (by channel, customer, sku, volume, value, etc.)
3. Fuel Sales Force Passion through recognition, reward programs and sharing best practices
4. Support the internal reporting requirements relating to Financial Sales, Trade Sales, Depletions Stock Flow, POS, Cooler Tracking and Cooler Maintenance
5. Utilize Business Intelligence Reports and other tools to support insight generation.
6. Review market performance with Line Manager on monthly bases covering DP and DPM scorecards
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES (WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE)
1. Implement DPM Routines as per agreed DPM Routines Calendar
2. Implement a comprehensive Trade Marketing Calendar and Commercial Annex for the DP
3. Support achievement of Business Plan set objectives and KPIs in market covered in the Trade Marketing Calendar and Commercial Annex
4. Ensure effective and timely execution and evaluation of annual trade marketing and consumer promotions calendar by DP
5. Deliver on agreed individual Target and Assignments
6. Communicate important and urgent matters with accuracy, objectivity, and credibility to resolve any issue / ride on any opportunity in a timely manner
7. Maintain successful ongoing relationships (internally and externally)
8. To be regarded as highly respected manager within Company network
9. Implementation / Initiation of ‘best practice’ initiatives
10. Stay up to date with market intelligence, knows what is going on in the field
11. Spend 70 % of time in the field, with the sales force, to support DP ensure operational excellence with fairness, objectivity, positive attitude, professional behavior, and high emotional intelligence.
12. Deliver all reports and data in line using agreed templates and timelines
1. Minimum 4 years of sales experience in consumer goods industry (beverage preferred)
2. In-depth knowledge of trade and competitive environment
3. Experience with basic administrative programs, Windows, Lotus Notes and Internet Browsers,
4. Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
5. Smart thinker, quick learner, proven operational achiever with strong business acumen
6. Excellent influencer with negotiation skills
7. Highly numerate and analytical
8. Clear and proven ability to implement successful trade marketing plans
9. Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
10. Creative mind, outgoing personality and friendly
11. Able to work independently with responsibility and be organized - Result oriented