Position Summary A graphic designer produces visual solutions for the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness. Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design. Appropriate medium and styles are selected in conjunction with the client's requirements. By providing quality visuals, it is hoped the profit margins of the client will increase, as potential customers become more informed or persuaded by the graphics.
Responsibilities • Meet clients to discuss their needs.
• Interpret the client's business needs.
• Develop design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues.
• Think creatively to produce new ideas.
• Use innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client.
• Multi-task: graphic designers often work on more than one design brief at a time.
• Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design.
• Produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Contribute ideas and design artwork to the overall brief.
• Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
• Work well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists.
• Work to tight deadlines.
Qualifications • Minimum of 5 yrs. experience in the Graphic Arts or a related field.
• Be proactive in presenting ideas and designs to prospective customers.
• Excellent communication skills to obtain and relate all information associated with account teams and studio personnel.
• Total knowledge of all software and hardware (current and new) associated with the studio.
• Knowledge of servers and preventative measures to ensure that they function problem free.
• Knowledge Adobe Photoshop, Adobe İllustrator, In design (3D modeling, Rendering, After Effects preferable)
• Must be a team player involved with the growth of the studio team.
• Must be familiar with all studio related equipment - Macs, scanners, rips and copiers, color proofers and large format.
• Must be able to troubleshoot studio equipment and maintain a good relationship with IS&T to solve any issues that arise.