Company is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Company also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Company’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Job Title: Business Development Manager Caspian & Russia
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for promoting inspection and integrity services to onshore and offshore oil & gas industry. Initial focus will be Caspian & Russia.
The BDM will support the Regional Manager in achieving the Company growth strategy thought exploring any and all organic growth opportunities, as well as considering potential acquisition targets that will promote strategic growth.
This role is combination of external sales and internal strategic planning to deliver on sales commitments.
The role will interface with internal stakeholders alongside with Company’s external clients and therefore the BDM must be a proficient communicator at all levels, with experience of communicating effectively across a global organization. The BDM is expected to liaise closely with BDMs from other regions and business units and stay appraised of Corporate directed BD activities and guidelines.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Secure new business opportunities aligned to the agreed annual sales targets and Company Growth Strategy, including but not limited to:
o Assist Regional business units to develop Capture Plans and respective win strategies for key tenders
o Support contract negotiations for New Business and Contract Renewals
o Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to address any queries arising
o Track New Business Development opportunities, utilizing market knowledge and market intelligence tools to identify projects and new Customers.
Develop strong relationships with Key Clients and Potential Clients operating within the Oil & Gas, renewable and other industries to promote the services of the Company.
Including but not limited to:
o Use existing contacts to locate the decision makers at key companies and build relationships
o Develop new contacts when there are none available
o Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
o Develop and deliver sales presentations to key clients and prospects
o Development of marketing materials (In conjunction with the VP – GBD and Corporate Marketing team)
o Represent Asset Integrity at trade shows, professional meetings, and industry forums
o Setup and attend demonstrations to educate Potential Clients and existing Customers to drive new sales
Develop and maintain Business Development reporting tools in order to effectively communicate with and influence business Leadership regarding any and all Business Development activity. Including but not limited to:
o Responsible for providing up-to-date sales and forecasting reports through the corporate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
o Competitor intelligence
§ Review market analyses with Regional Managers to determine Customer needs and pricing strategies
§ Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition
o New technology opportunities
o Potential acquisition targets
International Travel – as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical and/or Business degree(s)
Work Experience Required:
- Extensive experience and professional network within the Caspian and Russia region.
- Understanding of the regions business code of conduct and what it takes to succeed in that Client base.
- Extensive experience within Operations & Projects from the Inspection services industry (minimum 6 years)
- Experience from managing/developing a Business
- Demonstrated ability to generate good contacts and effectively utilize persuasive sales methodologies
Skills & Knowledge Required:
A proven track record in the following areas is required:
- Excellent knowledge of the global pipeline and Inspection/Integrity industryUnderstanding of the social and business cultures and practices of different countries around the region
- High level of communication skills; verbal and writtenIn English and Russian Language
- Willing to work the schedules required to close business
- Ability to aggregate complex and diverse market data and distil into information that strategy decisions can be based on
- Uses intuition and experience to complement market data
- Russian Language (Essential)
- English Language (Essential)
- Azeri Language (Desirable)
Minimum IT skills; Email, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; CRM experience desired
Essential Job Functions
Safety and Integrity
- Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment
- Operates in accordance with Company business conduct policies
- Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships
- Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics
- Encourages others to raise concerns
Vision and Leadership
- Creates clear, simple reality-based customer-focused strategy and goals
- Builds trust and commitment though candid communication
- Energizes and excites others; Is passionate about The Business and The Company
- Builds high performing teams
- Strong focus on winning
- Makes and meets commitments
- Accepts responsibility and to be held accountable
- Has a passion for excellence and a focus on execution
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures
Team work and Respect
- Promotes teamwork. Open to new ideas
- Participates openly and constructively without alienating others
- Has a global perspective and breaks through “turf” issues
- Collaborative, works for the good of the team
- Seeks out best practices and puts them to use
- Treats others with respect and candor
- Builds positive work relationships and shares knowledge and encourages the development of others
- Drives standardization and simplification
Oil Service company