• Oversee the timely and accurate completion of assigned audit work and special projects in a manner consistent with the Local and International Standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing, along with the professional standards of conduct and ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
• Conduct a risk assessment and develop an audit plan.
• Evaluate the reliability of data developed and reported within the Company;
• Develop a flexible, risk-based annual internal audit plan of the Company;
• Design and implement audit test programs to address identified risks.
• Inform BoD on a regular basis of instances of risks identified;
• Implement audit plan in accordance with requirement in accurate and in-time manner;
• Develop findings and make recommendations for inclusion in the audit report
• Prepare audit reports and other working papers that document the procedures, findings, and results of those procedures
• Assess the adequacy and timeliness of management's plans for addressing and correcting audit findings and issues
• Communicate with senior management and the Board to ensure timely project completion
• Understand and present audit issues from the perspective of both senior management and the Board.
• Report to the BoD on significant issues related to Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Control;
• Perform all duties in an honest and ethical manner
• To review and analyze the Company's policies, procedures and guidelines and evaluate systems of internal Control for the purposes of ensuring their compliance, adequacy and effectiveness;
• To periodically control the stocktaking of assets, commodity materials and ensure their good standing;
Education • University degree in Finance or Economics
• International and local (DAİ/ Daxili Audit İnstitutu) professional certifications in Finance, Control and Internal Audit
Experience • 15+ years of experience in finance, accounting and audit
• Min 5 years of experience as senior auditor or audit head in one of big4 firms
• Min 5 year of experience in Finance department/ function management as CFO or Finance Director
• Experienced making senior executive and board-level presentations
Knowledge and Skills • Fluency in Azerbaijani, Russian and English
Competency • Guided by the Audit Standards
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to produce and present communications clearly and succinctly for executive leadership
• Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others effectively
• Demonstrated exemplary attention to detail
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
• Strong management skills