• Perform technical tasks assigned such as structural analyses, calculations, design, verification or study activities.
• Estimate, monitor and report weights and center of gravity of dry, lift and operating weights relevant to offshore structures / installation AIDS
• Ensure compliance with all Project interfaces and supervise in/out information flow.
• Co-ordinate and review technical activities performed inside or outside Company.
• Review Client technical documentation and requirements.
• Contribute in defining structural design premises.
• Contribute to the writing of the Project Structural Design Brief (roadmap of all the structural design and analyses work on the project).
• Design structural systems and components, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity, constructability and safety.
• Carry out structural analyses.
• Estimate quantities or validate estimation done by other specialists of the team
• Estimate the budget required for the studies completion.
• Prepare, when required, specifications for structural fabrications and all related items.
• Verify structural strength or dynamic behaviour of items designed by others.
• Write design reports and calculation notes.
• Coordinate structural engineers team, assignining task and complying with project schedule
• Feed the Offshore Structural Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project;
• Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements
Qualifications & Experience: Education:
MSc / BSc in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering education
Years of Working Experience: Minimum 5 years' Experience in structural design, engineering or marine industry with solid background in all stages of design – concept, preliminary, FEED and detailed design
Knowledge of Languages:
English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent), Russian (is an asset)
Other Skills/Certificates Required:
Expert on using 3D and FE analysis software (such as SACS, STAAD. Pro, ANSYS, Inventor. Pro) and be conversant in international structural design codes and standards such as API, AISC, BS and DNV or equivalent;
Capable to undertake hand calculations to supplement and refine analysis package generated code checks and structural behaviours;
Proficiency in standard software for PC such as MS Office;