Head of Quality Control Department Production Company
Head of Quality Control Department continuously reviews quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements. He manages and controls all quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures, client specifications and contract requirements
- Making recommendation for improvement of processes and procedures;
- Ensure that QC requirements and documentation for a project meets contractual requirements;
- Review and approve contractor and sub‐contractor quality control documentation to ensure their planned activities meet contractual requirements;
- Coordinate and control the day to day operations of inspection personnel, to provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment;
- Ensure physical resources are maintained, stored and organized to allow efficient and effective operation;
- QC resources, operations and facilities are controlled in order to adhere to project programs;
- Assist in production of generic and project specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments;
- To monitor and report to GM about quality control progress, notifying any predicted shortfall or discrepancies against timescale and budgets;
- Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, welding, metallurgy, quality, etc.) field is preferable
- Minimum 5 years managing industry experience in QA/QC.
- It’s preferable, the candidate has an Associate membership of an appropriate professional institute e.g. CQI (Chartered Quality Institute)
- It’s mandatory the candidate has ISO 9001 Internal Auditor certificate. Lead ISO 9001 Auditor certificate is desirable.
- Knowledge of ASME (Pressure Vessels, Pressure Piping, etc.), AWI, API and BS EN standards, PWHT, hydro testing, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of welding control techniques (CSWIP 3.1 or PCN Level 2), NDT (MPI, UT, RT, DP) – basic knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Independency in daily routine and decision making with minimum supervision.
- Leadership and team working skills within own area and across the business, ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently