To manage VAS and Applications development team while ensuring high customer satisfaction with services provided by ICT to internal and external customers. To do effective management of all team members ensuring proper work load and priorities are set according to work demands, specified strategy, procedures and plans
To manage of end-to-end planning, organization, development, integration, implementation, deployment and delivery of all Consumer and Enterprise Applications, VAS Platforms and related Services in line with ICT Development Plan and Roadmap. To ensure that all platforms and services are planned, developed, implemented and integrated according to the required Service Levels to meet Customer Satisfaction Targets and international standards.
Support CAPEX/OPEX reduction by In House Development projects. Device solutions to reduce number of Change Requests to vendors
To implement appropriate development, optimization and testing methods and tools for VAS, Applications and Service Delivery Platforms. Ensure SDLC process is followed accurately by managing and participating in appropriate requirements, design, software and change control reviews as well as post implementation reviews.
To participate in preparation of tender documents and participate in tenders for selection of vendors of new VAS and Application platforms and services
To review business requirements for the development of VAS and Applications, translate them into proper Technical specifications, Scope of Work and solution design documents for developers. Perform collaboration with outsourcing Development Partner companies for supporting development tasks for selected outsourced projects.
To determine the resources required for each of the development phases including human, office, system and environment and ensure that all required resources are available as and when required for development
To perform and support Project and Vendor Management
To plan and manage platforms/applications capacity Expansion and Software updates well in advance. Analyze proposals and investigate possibilities for implementation of new platforms/applications and services, participate in trials of VAS and Application systems. To review current Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and propose amendments in terms of content and accuracy.
To prepare processes, procedures and workflows and take active part in preparing inter-section and inter-departmental procedures, processes and workflows for products & services development, launch, change management and release management and ensure proper adherence of the defined processed for all related activities. Keep and manage all necessary documents and work orders to facilitate the work of all subordinates.
Conduct weekly meetings with Head of Department for area status reporting and understanding priorities, produce Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports for Line Manager and Senior Management and carry out tasks related to the position assigned by management
To plan and Manage System Acceptance tests and system verification after Software and Hardware Upgrades and after implementing new services
Create and maintain library for all existing and new applications systems, platforms and services. Develop all necessary documentation for existing and new services during different phases like Scoping, Functional specifications, Service description, Test strategy, Implementation and integration plans, work orders and ensure that applications and services definitions and modifications are fully specified from Technical point of view.
Carry out other managerial and operational tasks as required by the position and organization.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering/Telecom related field
• Master's degree/MBA would be an advantage.
Specific areas of expertise :
• Good knowledge of Software Development processes and methodologies
• Proficiency in software tools required to perform the job tasks
• Experience in working with 3GPP standards
• Good Knowledge of Telecom BSS/ Billing/VAS/Applications architecture
• Working Knowledge of protocols used in VAS, cellular and computer networks (SIGTRAN, MAP, TCP/IP protocol family, Camel, xml, DCC, SMPP etc), Programming languages, Databases, Operating systems etc.
• Knowledge and experience in administration, engineering, configuration and management of Applications, VAS and Service Delivery platforms
• 8+ years of experience in Telecom BSS/Applications/VAS platforms design, development, engineering, implementation, integration and support
• 5+ years of experience in People/team management
• 5+ years of experience in Telecoms/IT Project Management
• 5+ years of experience in Vendor/Partner management
• Experience in Software Change and Release Management, Modern Devops Technologies and Metodologies (like Kubernetes/OpenShift containerisation, cloud technologies, IAAS, IAC etc)
Language and computer programs knowledge (Microsoft Office)
• English - Advanced
• Azerbaijani – Advanced
• Russian is an advantage
• Good knowledge of MS Office and similar programs