· Coordinate specific activities with a group of construction crew in compliance with Project specification, in order to ensure efficient performance and respecting HSE and Quality procedures and practices;
· Where a 1st Assistant is not assigned, have overall responsibility during own shift for work and construction crew under the direction of the Offshore Construction Manager;
· Assist the 1st Assistant (or the Offshore Construction Manager where a 1st Assistant is not assigned to the vessel) with regard to interdisciplinary coordination of specific activities on board;
· Supervise a group of construction crew, directing foreman and / or supervisors, with regard to the various disciplines/categories of construction and assembly work, in order to comply with the quality and safety standard;
· Ensure that the 1st Assistant and the Offshore Construction Manager are kept fully informed of potential problems and construction status;
· Where required, liaise with Chief Mate, 2nd Engineer, Vessel Equipment Engineer and subcontractor's supervisors to ensure adequate coordination for the activities under own remit;
· Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Tool Box Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures;
· Motivate construction crew/subcontractors with regards to health, safety and environment awareness;
· Ensure the compliance with the standards dictated by the Company QHSE policies and safety procedures, in order to perform the activities in a safe manner;
· Report incidents and near-miss events;
· Provide a construction report at the end of each shift;
· Assist the Vessel Field Engineer in the follow up of project equipment and consumable, operation and monitoring of installation parameters;
· Ensure the rigging gear used is within date and properly marked;
· Report to the 1st Assistant or directly to the Offshore Construction Manager if the 1st Assistant Superintendent is not assigned to the vessel;
· Provide translation for Offshore Construction Manager, Vessel Management Team and crew, enacting as a communication bridge with the local staff and expats.
· Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;Perform other related duties as assigned by the line manager.
Education: Higher Education
Work experience: Offshore construction experience (Pipeline, Diving, ROV operations
and etc.) required
Knowledge of Languages: English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent), Russian (is an asset)
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
· Knowledge of deepwater subsea installation activities;
· Capability to plan the activities and develop efficient work sequences;
· Capability to understand Project Technical Documents;
· Knowledge of ROV activities;
· Knowledge of adequate Personal Protective Equipment - purpose, use and maintenance.
· Knowledge of welding & coating techniques and equipment;
· Knowledge of Permit To Work System;
· Capability to monitor the application of the Quality Control Plan.