Assurance Senior – External Audit International Company
A career within External Audit services will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast-growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well-known brands and many have broad international reach.
The Audit Senior is responsible for the audit team and will supervise, motivate and develop the team of junior audit staff. Reporting to an Audit Manager/Director, the Audit Senior will conduct company audits from planning through to completion. Tasks will include planning the audit process, research, reviewing current processes and providing recommendations to enhance company policies and procedures.
The role of the Audit Senior is to perform audit procedures in complex areas, while building technical competence and function as the primary day to day contact for the audit client.
Your key responsibilities:
- Take ownership for delivery of high-quality audit work;
- Supervise the execution of complex parts of an audit engagement;
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit clients;
- Direct fieldwork, inform project leaders of audit engagement status and manage staff performance;
- Complete audit procedures and documentation for higher risk areas in order to broaden your technical skills (e.g. complex/significant balance & transaction accounts) ;
- Participate in client engagements during a transaction;
- Contribute judgements/estimations/approaches/opinions to the audit teams.
Skills and attributes for success:
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and multitasking skills;
- Good command of spoken and written English (Russian is preferable);
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills;
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities;
- Willingness to travel for out–of–town engagements;
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance or related field;
- At least 3 (three) years of relevant experience in the audit practice;
- ACCA completion of Fundamental level or at least F7 & F8 papers;
- Experience in supervising, planning, execution and reporting on audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Advanced written & verbal communications skills;
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Integrity within a professional work environment.