Experienced Assurance Associate – External Audit International Company
A career within External Audit services will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast-growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well-known brands and many have broad international reach.
The Assurance Associate is responsible for learning & applying technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out audit tasks under the close supervision of Audit Seniors & Managers.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the audit client’s business;
- Be responsible for the preparation of developing an understanding of the audit approach, methodology & tools;
- Interact with the clients in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.;
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements;
- Perform analytical review of audit documents;
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history and planned audit approach;
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control;
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise;
- Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines;
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team;
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting audit opinions;
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- At least one year of relevant experience in the audit practice;
- Participation in at least 5 audit engagements;
- Knowledge in accounting and finance;
- Successful completion of accounting;
- Fluent written and spoken in Azerbaijani and English (Russian is a preference).
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure;
- Good analytical and presentation skills;
- Strong drive to excel professionally.