• Establish and manage effectively a planning and progress control system in order to support the Project Manager decision making process and allow him to complete the project according to the internal baselines and in compliance with the contractual dates and requirements;
• Ensure any deviation from plan is promptly spotted and analysed, final time impact is estimated and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored;
• Create a schedule awareness atmosphere among all project participants.
During the commercial phase:
• Ensure the development of the project schedule according to the commercial needs. Verify feasibility and criticality;
• Participate to the commercial risk management activities;
At project start up:
• Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System required by the contract complexity, riskiness and duration, in compliance with the Project Breakdown Structure, Company Standards and Contract specification;
• Interface and coordinate with other Company Functions or Discipline Leaders/Supervisors and Managers to build up activities, assign milestones and constraints by issuing the logic network;
• Prepare all the reference baseline documents, and ensure that the project s planning and scheduling requirements are properly and clearly communicated to those functionally responsible for executing the work;
• Issue all the relevant reporting;
• Issue the Planning & Scheduling Procedure, Progress Measurement Procedure and Risk Management Plan for the Project Control Manager verification;
• Coordinate the risk management activities start up organizing the first brainstorming and the qualitative / quantitative assessment of the identified risks & opportunities;
• Perform the schedule risk analysis for highly critical projects.
During the project execution phase:
• Ensure the effectiveness of the Planning and Progress Control System, monitoring the progress measurement system and ensuring the proper information flow, progress status and completion forecast are assessed and reported for Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction and Commissioning phases;
• Update all Project Schedules, collecting actual data, evaluating forecast dates and monitoring any progress and productivity deviation compared with the baseline schedule, including the corrective actions taken by the PM;
• Maintain the risk management process organizing periodic meetings and verifying the risk owners feedbacks;
• Maintain records for all significant events, like contractual claims/obligations, productivity, deliverables, materials status, with extensive use of Company/Partner/Client IT systems and reports;
• Create and maintain the 90 days look-ahead schedule, weekly, monthly. Isolate any adverse trend and warn the PM on time to take corrective actions, issue weekly and monthly project reports (internal and for the Client);
• Assist the Project Control Manager in the Project Status Report preparation;
• Participate in the coordination meetings (internal or with the Client whenever opportune);
• Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the time impact analysis.
At project closure:
• Support the Project Control Manager in the preparation of the Project close-out Report and the schedule and productivity feed-back data to Project Control and Commercial Department;
• Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the line manager.
Education: Higher education, in Management Engineer, Mechanical Engineer as well as Naval Engineer.
Work Experience: Minimum 2 years of similar experience within oil and gas industry;
Knowledge of Languages: English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent).
Other Skills/Certificates Required:
• Capability to proactively define and implement tools, procedures and/or techniques to deal with scope of work changes and to maximize business Opportunities;
• Knowledge of techniques to coordinate activities, to monitor and control activity status, verifying alignment with objectives;
• Capability to prepare reporting documents according to Company Standards and Project requirements and to check their reliability.