Turbomachinery Service Manager Oil & Gas sector
Duties & Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide and manage Turbomachinery Services to help support customer needs, business opportunities and drive growth.
• Provide profitable consultancy, service and solutions to customers to maximize their operation output by extending periods between planned shutdowns and focused on innovation and value creation.
• Act as a focal point for Turbomachinery Service related queries.
• Drive business development activities and initiatives of Turbomachinery Services.
• Define maintenance strategy, maintenance scope and procedures for maintenance activities.
• Conduct in depth high complexity technical and commercial presentations to Internal and External Customers on Turbomachinery related services to support existing business and identify new.
• Provide Cost and Profit Analysis with Forecasting and Budgeting
• Support customers in their requirements for planned, unplanned and emergency shutdown and project installations. Ensure that job is implemented properly, including placing correct parts orders, writing accurate and detailed work scopes, and making sure all other required resources are available throughout job duration.
• Ensure customer’s queries/feedback are duly attended to by the relevant engineers/departments.
• Lead the project team and provide direction on objective priorities to ensure tasks and deliverables are completed as planned.
• Prepare techno-commercial proposals, including upgrade opportunities/projects, including pursuing the necessary follow-up.
• Maintain communications on all orders, including formal written communications, schedule and direct customer meetings, hold review meetings with personnel with regards to order status, and maintain communication with sales and management.
• Properly analyze inspection reports in order that correct actions are taken. This should lead to orders that enable us to reach established profit goals and create customer satisfaction.
• Collaborate with engineering, technical services, parts department, customer service, project managers, and sales to obtain necessary information and guidance for proper completion of all repair work.
• Liaise with engineering, purchasing departments and contractors on machining, fabrication, reverse engineering, and assembly work of turbomachinery components.
• Continually review, update and initiate department instructions, job descriptions and standard practice procedures which affect the quality of service.
• Provide guidance and direction, delegating duties and responsibilities to all direct reports.
• Survey and analyze the working efficiency of department personnel and utilize their time for best possible performance, especially during peak levels of service activity.
• Support Turbo Strategy and initiatives and drive Turbomachinery services profitability & growth
• Adopt good housekeeping and safety practice on customer sites.
Education/Experience and Qualification:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, I&C fields are preferable)
• Strong knowledge of compressors, power turbines, gas turbines and other types of turbomachinery equipment and components.
• 10 + years of experience in turbomachinery Installation & Maintenance services.
• Min 3 years of experience in management position, with excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and organize engineering teams and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in customer relations and sales.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Self-motivated with the ability to handle difficult situations and demanding deadlines.
• Knowledge of internal departments, such as engineering, parts, shipping, technical services, and manufacturing can prove extremely helpful.
• A willingness to learn and to teach others.
• Organization and time management skills are essential.
• Goal oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, with ability to drive success, with strong winning spirit and ability to motivate teams.
• Excellent creativity, problem solving, and decision-making skills - including an understanding of when to escalate both technical and administrative decisions.
• Ability and desire to quickly learn, continuously improve, and eliminate unnecessary barriers or complexity to meeting customer needs.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Ability to build an environment of trust and consistently exhibit a positive attitude.
• Quality/Safety oriented.
• Frequent traveling will be required.