The Subsurface Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing the capabilities of the Subsurface Technical function at the Asset Company. The role is also responsible for managing the technical quality and verification of all aspects of the function. The role will be hired and will report to Company’s Subsurface Director.
• Manage the daily activities of the Subsurface team in Baku, Azerbaijan;
• Supervise the process of developing a short-term and long-term Work Program based on analysis and classification of current reserves of Fields with recommendations to increase production;
• Deliver well proposals for new wells and development targets;
• Responsible for long term reservoir management and technical asset management;
• Contribute to long term strategy for organically growth of producing assets;
• Lead the process of monitoring and analysis of wells performance, develop predictions for future well performance, initiate well testing and analysis, make planning for work over jobs
• Liaise with Operations and Business Development groups to ensure that the appropriate subsurface technical support is provided;
• Ensure that fit for purpose and integrated technical evaluations are performed for all existing assets and new opportunities, through active influencing, processes and coaching;
• Steer the technical excellence within the team to ensure project evaluations are done consistently and in line with technical assurance guidelines for risk, resource and economics assessments;
• Manage, motivate and further develop team members, including reviewing and ensuring career development of the subsurface team when relevant;
• Identify new technologies that could assist company and promote their usage in consultation with the Subsurface Management;
• Contact point for assets General Managers for all subsurface related subjects.
• A proven track record of success in leadership experience in integrated subsurface studies;
• Experience in leading a technical assurance function;
• Broad-based expertise in geology, geophysics, experience in seismic interpretation, depositional systems, structural geology, regional studies and geological modeling is desirable;
• Excellent understanding of drilling and production operations;
• Ability to create the urgency and excitement to continue to improve technical process and excellence;
• Demonstrable skills and subject matter expertise in risk, resource and economic assessment methodologies and software;
• Knowledge of South Caspian Basin and development of old-Soviet onshore fields is an asset;
• Proven record of discipline, rationale, assertiveness and committed team player;
• Rational, assertive, driven person with high energy level;
• Excellent communication (speaking and writing) skills in English;
• High corporate culture, integrity and business ethics.
• Master degree in Reservoir Engineering or Geoscience is required;
• 15+ years’ experience, most of which should have been spent with international E&P oil companies in onshore fields.
• Bilingual English / Full professional