Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility. The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
General and Task Management:
· Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
· Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
· Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
· Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
· Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
· Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
· Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
· Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
· Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
· Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
· Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers. Perform bidders’ prequalification and due diligence process. Maintain proper AVL and contractors management guideline procedure.
· Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
· Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
· Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
· Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
· Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
· Embraces personal challenge
· Confident, rounded thinking
· Is self-aware
· Is assertive, optimistic and open to change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
· Proactively contributes to the team
· Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
Skills and Attributes:
· Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
· Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
· Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
· Commercially and financially aware
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is of preference.
· Experience in procurement of minimum 7-8 years.
· Experience in pre-Contract and post-Contract management (developing Contract strategies, ITTs, RFI, RFPs, Contract terms and conditions literacy, Contract award and Contract management).
· Contractor’s performance management.
· Proven purchasing experience, preferably within Oil & Gas companies.
· Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
· Contract management and supplier experience.
· Project management experience.
· Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills.