Purpose of the Company
To become a leading international integrated drilling management organisation bydeliveringinnovative drilling and well solutions in a safe, reliant and evolving manner.
Company expects every employee to contribute to the continuous improvement of HSE Policy and demonstrate safety leadership throughout the organisation.
Purpose of the Human Resources Manager
Coordinate the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff.
Reporting to the Company’s General Director, the HR Manager will be responsible for:
· Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
· Originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards;
· Develop processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
Key Accountabilities for this Position
Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments
You are responsible for delivering on the key accountabilities for this role which will be discussed and agreed with you as part of the Company’s performance management process. These include:
Strategy of Human Resources team
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews management and executive position candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists.
- Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings.
- Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manages a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Participates in a process of organization development to plan, communicate, and integrate the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
- Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
Management of HR Team
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- A professional qualification in HR/Talent Management/ Recruitment/CIPD
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, competencies, skills and experience require
· An excellent work ethic.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to both the most junior and senior staff.
· Highly developed negotiation skills.
· Innovative, entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
· High intellectual ability as evidenced by ability to identify and prioritise key strategic issues.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and a team player.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Consultative approach to problem solving and decisive when necessary
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and changing work environment
- Ability to think laterally
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
- Ability to organise work activities to identify and take advantage of efficiency and improvement opportunities
- Ability to communicate plans and ideas at all interaction levels required
- Demonstrated ability in developing improved operational performance
Development, Coordination, Implementation & Monitoring
- Ability to develop, coordinate and implement systems, plans and procedures
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel at an advanced level
- Ability to think laterally and work under pressure
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Company
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Responsibilities (QHSE)
- The Drilling Operations Manager will comply with all relevant Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation, codes of practice, standards, policies, operating procedures and work instructions and be actively involved in the Company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Systems and Procedures.
- As a member of the senior management team, demonstrates ‘best Practice’ Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental leadership through own actions and support of the Company’s QHSEM’s, policies, systems and procedures.